Mission & Belief Statements
As part of our Middle States Reaccreditation process, "Renewing the Vision," Gwynedd-Mercy Academy created new Mission and Belief Statements in addition to updating our strategic plan. Click here to read the Goals and Objectives that are part of this strategic plan.
Built on Mercy, rooted in Gospel values, and committed to excellence, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is a private, Catholic, co-educational school, for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
Empowered by an enriched educational experience and inspired by the vision of Catherine McAuley, students are called to service and leadership in the global community.
We believe that:
- God is at the heart of who we are and all that we do.
- As a Mercy community, all are called to reverence the dignity of each person.
- Creating a spirit of hospitality is the hallmark of the legacy of Catherine McAuley, foundress of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Service is the fruit of hearts rooted in the mission of Jesus.
- Spiritual development is fostered within a faith community rich in prayer and liturgical experiences.
- A comprehensive and challenging curriculum nurtures the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- A learning environment abounding in a variety of experiences is responsive to the needs of all learners.
- Students reflect self-actualization and demonstrate learning in many ways.
- A safe and caring learning environment promotes self-esteem and facilitates success.
- A student-centered culture encourages self-motivation and inspires lifelong learning.
- Immersed in the Spirit of Mercy, students are empowered to assume leadership roles.
- An effective partnership with parents supports the education of their children and furthers the mission of the school.