Gwynedd-Mercy Academy currently has the following career opportunities available. Candidates should go to www.gmaelem.org/apply.
Interim Director of Admission (Part-Time)
This is a maternity leave interim position expected to run from approximately Mid-March to Mid-July.
Position Purpose: To foster the mission of the school and achieve the school’s enrollment goal by directing and coordinating the admissions process and working within student retention goals.
The Admissions Director is expected to foster the Catholic identity of the school and sustain a culture of Mercy tradition and values in achieving its vision and mission. A commitment to excellence, service, fair and just standards, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations for all employees.
- Oversees parent/student school visitations, tours, Open Houses, and other admission activities to provide information, answer questions and secure the admission of qualified students.
- Oversees implementation of an Admission Plan that promotes the mission and supports capacity enrollment.
- Maintains admissions and enrollment statistics and provides status and achievement reports to administrators and/or Board members as directed.
- Cultivates and maintains effective relations within the community at large; i.e. targeted feeder schools, community organizations, churches, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in an education related field.
- A minimum of five years teaching experience and/or an equivalent combination of teaching and educational administration experience.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and public relations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and student information system software.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
- Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled office environment.
- Position requires attendance at a variety of evening and after-school activities.
4th Grade Homeroom and Science Teacher
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is seeking a creative and talented education professional to join our highly experienced faculty.
This is a maternity leave interim position expected to run from approximately mid-April to mid-June.
- Homeroom teacher for a 4th grade classroom.
- Religion teacher for 4th grade classroom.
- Science teacher for 4th grade.
- English/Language Arts teacher for 4th grade.
Bachelor’s degree in an education related field.
Pennsylvania Teaching Certification.
Minimum of three years teaching experience.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and educational technology.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume at www.gmaelem.org/apply.