A fully-staffed cafeteria and food service is available for use by students and staff through a contract with Aramark Food and Nutrition Services. Aramark provides debit lunch accounts with an individual PIN number for each student (to make online payments, check food purchases or activate low balance reminders, click here). Information on account payment processes are sent home at the onset of each school year. Hot lunches are served every day and beverages, snacks, salads and fruit may be purchased a la carte. An emphasis is placed on good nutrition and helping children make healthy eating choices. All students have the option of bringing their lunch from home or purchasing it at school. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
The practice of students borrowing money to purchase lunch or snacks is strongly discouraged. If a student forgets to bring lunch or lunch money, the child will be permitted to have a sandwich or a slice of pizza, which should be paid for on the following day. Allowing students to purchase everything offered could become a convenience which discourages students from taking responsibility for having their lunch money.
Monthly are available online listing the daily selections and prices. Children who bring lunch from home are expected to use reusable containers, cloth napkins and lunch boxes. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
Mid-morning snacks can be purchased from Aramark on a cash only basis. Questions regarding the lunch service in the GMA cafeteria may be addressed to Denise Atkinson at email@example.com.
Monday - October 2, 2017
- Oven Roasted Drumsticks or Turkey Melt/Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Rotini with Marinara Sauce or Veggie Burger/Steamed Broccoli
- Chicken Soft Tacos or WG Chicken Nuggets/Red Peppers
- Korean Meatball Stew or Pulled Pork Sandwich/Seasoned Corn
- School Holiday
- Baked Cheesy Penne or Sloppy Joe Sandwich/Roasted Acorn Squash
- Beef and Broccoli or Turkey Dog/Steamed Broccoli
- Choice of Chicken or Beef Twin Tacos/Camp Fire Beans
- 1/2 Portion of Macaroni and Cheese and Fish Sticks or Veggie Burger/Stewed Tomatoes
- Choice of Chicken or Beef Twin Tacos/Steamed Broccoli
- Thai Chicken Noodle Bowl or Grilled Chicken Sandwich/Edamame
- Cheeseburger Meatloaf or Veggie Burger/Sweet Potato Fries
- Sloppy Joe Sandwich or Turkey Melt/Steamed Zucchini
- Chicken and White Bean Chili or Popcorn Chicken/Steamed Corn