Below are current openings at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy. To apply, please click here to complete our application form.
Grades 4-8 Spanish Language and Grade 6 Religion Teacher, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary
Gwynedd Mercy Academy Elementary, is a private, Catholic, co-educational academy committed to quality education integrated with Gospel values. A ministry sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy and established in 1861, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy combines a long tradition of academic excellence with innovative teaching methodology and progressive technology integration to create a caring, child-centered environment.
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is seeking a creative and talented education professional to join our highly experienced faculty.
- Instruct Spanish language according to best practices and research-based methods
- Provide Catholic religious instruction to a 6th grade class
- Provide language instruction that supports multiple learning styles and ability levels
- Align language lesson plans with the school’s approved curriculum and educational standards
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Use relevant integrated technology to support instruction
- Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- Keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish education or a related field, Masters preferred
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and educational technology
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume at www.gmaelem.org/apply. Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a United States Permanent Residence Card.