Gwynedd-Mercy Academy seeks creative and talented education professionals to join our highly experienced faculty and staff. Applicants should complete the GMA Employment Application.
Position Purpose: To foster the Mission of the school and the Sister of Mercy, perform a wide variety of school office activities, monitor and assist with maintaining smooth daily school operations, assist the Head of School as needed, oversee and implement established school security procedures, and support the needs of the school community while maintaining the utmost in care, confidentiality, and discretion in all dealings with the public, including parents, students, faculty and staff, and the larger community.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to foster the Catholic identity of the school and sustain a culture of Mercy tradition and values in achieving its vision and mission. A commitment to excellence, service, and fair and just standards and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations for all.
- Interact with parents, students, faculty and staff, and the larger community with care, tact, discretion, and confidentiality
- Answer and monitor phone calls and email communication and relay messages as appropriate
- Monitor entrance to the school with security cameras and ensure that all established security procedures are followed
- Volunteer Clearances- Ensure that volunteers have met all required security clearances and maintain database
- Review and disburse incoming mail as appropriate
- Student Attendance- Maintain accurate attendance database and contact parents of absent students when necessary
- Transportation- Act as school liaison between school and all transporting school districts by maintaining transportation information in database, communicating with parents regarding busing policies, and work with administrative team on transportation issues that arise
- Oversee announcements and dismissal procedures
- Schedule and maintain calendars for use of school facilities
- Produce student information system reports as needed
- Support or step in to help other areas of school operations when the need arises
- Attend and assist at school assemblies and similar functions when appropriate
- Attend evening meeting and school activities when appropriate
- Attend professional development opportunities when appropriate
- Desire to work in a mission-driven environment
- Must have the ability to calmly multitask, handle an environment with frequent interruptions, and continuously set/reset priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and promptly, always with a generous and helpful spirit
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and database systems
- Ability to meet and interact with public and employees with tact, courtesy, and discretion
- Ability to compile information and produce reports from various sources
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in the interrelations and application of standard practices, procedures, and mission of the school
- College degree preferred
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Work primarily in a traditional climate-controlled office environment
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- This is a 12-month position
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is a private, Catholic, co-educational academy committed to quality education integrated with Gospel values. A ministry of the Sisters of Mercy and established in 1861, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy combines a long tradition of academic excellence with innovative teaching methodology and progressive technology integration to create a caring, child-centered environment.
- Homeroom religion teacher for a middle school classroom.
- English/Language Arts teacher for 7-8 and possible Middle School electives.
- Plan and implement a program of engaging and challenging classroom activities for grades 7-8.
- Maintain active partnerships with parents with open and effective communication.
- Use varied assessment strategies to promote creativity and individualized instruction.
- Employ effective classroom management techniques to create a challenging, and exciting learning environment.
- Enhance the school’s commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Help to prepare students for transition into competitive private high schools.
- Actively participate in division and faculty meetings, in-service days, and committee meetings.
- Full-time Middle School faculty are also expected to perform supervisory duties (lunch, recess, bus line, etc.), and assist with other programmatic activities that are part of the school day.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in content area.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certification.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and educational technology and learning management systems. RenWeb and Schoology preferred.
All candidates must pass Criminal Background, Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Check.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume at https://www.gmaelem.org/about-us/careers/apply. Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a United States Permanent Residence Card.
Job Type: Full-time