Distance Learning and COVID-19 Update
Distance Learning began for K-8 students on Monday, March 16 and will run through the conclusion of our academic year.
Looking ahead to 2020-2021, we are planning for a full year of in-school classes, as well as a hybrid model in which there could be a period(s) of Distance Learning.
We have been overwhelmed with the number of positive affirmations we have received from parents on our Distance Learning program. See the parent testimonials below.
Other questions about Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary, please email email@example.com.
- We wanted to take a moment to commend all of the faculty and staff for the distance learning program that was put together for the kids. This unprecedented situation is frightening and stressful (for children in particular) and the normalcy and continuity of school has helped tremendously. It is comforting to know that they will wake up to messages from the people they are so familiar with and that they have the opportunity to interact within the GMA community. This is so important for their mental and emotional well being during the social distancing mandate. That part aside, the curriculum has been impressive to say the least. We are fortunate enough to be home and to be able to assist/guide them through their work days. The fact that we don’t have to worry about the boys falling behind is priceless. The teachers have been available and flexible, which is much appreciated considering they have their own families to care for. Thank you for providing some normalcy for our children. They appreciate it and we do too.
- Your administration and teachers have done a tremendous job implementing virtual learning this week. We are so impressed and have zero concerns about our daughter's academic impact this year . I know it’s a stressful time and each of you have your own families to care for - but you have done a fantastic job connecting with the children and facilitating a sense of community during this stressful time. Thank you! Please stay safe and healthy!
- I am so impressed with the Distance Learning program that GMA has instituted, and grateful for the teachers facilitating it. I do not know how you did it in such a short amount of preparation time, but you have. You are providing much-needed structure in an uncertain time. Our son misses his friends and teachers so much and cannot wait to go back to school with everyone.
- First, I want to express my appreciation for the dynamic and evolving GMA distance learning program. The GMA teachers and staff quickly shifted mindsets in March in order to provide some sense of stability to the students. The virtual morning Broadcasts are going a long way towards maintaining the community connection my daughter has come to rely on in her short time at GMA. The regular Zoom chats are a great way for the students to see each other and also learn from their teachers in a new way. You and the staff have been open to feedback and you’ve implemented changes based on that feedback. Of course none of this can ever replicate the hands-on learning that is key to the GMA experience. But given the current crazy circumstances every little bit helps.
- I know I complained about a couple of things, but I wanted to email and let you know how amazingly impressed I am by this distance learning so far. The teachers and administrators have done so much work to make this happen, and after hearing about the lack of any guidance from many other schools, I am so thankful with the time you all put in ahead of time to make this happen. In addition, the daily broadcasts are amazing!!! We all watch it together each morning before starting work- they are so cute and fun and really set the tone for the day. I saw this today and thought of you all. Thank you for everything you are doing. My kids are actually enjoying it (day 4 haha) and are doing well with the online work. I appreciate your quick responses and checking in daily.
- We can all agree that this has been a crazy and unprecedented few weeks. However, we wanted to thank you for the remarkable job that your administration and our wonderful teachers have done!! GMA was not only well prepared but has also done a tremendous job being supportive and available when needed for assistance. The kids have been able to experience the best learning and normality that is possible at this time. The morning broadcast is the highlight of our day!!! Seeing the teachers in their homes and with their pets is very special. The kindness and humor have been needed & appreciated. Keep up the incredible work!
- Today, my daughter was assigned by Miss Roy to read two chapters from a novel 2nd grade had started before leaving school. When she clicked on the link for the book, Miss Roy's sweet, soft voice could be heard throughout our tiny living room and her reaction was priceless. She had the biggest smile on her face along with eyes filled with tears. Of course I was standing there teary-eyed right there with her. My kids miss their teachers. They miss their voices, their smiles, and probably even the way they correct so much nicer than I ever do. To have that moment of teacher interaction, brought more joy than Miss Roy maybe realized and gave me an incredible sense of gratitude to have my children be part of this Circle of Mercy. May you all know the impact you have near or far.
- I know there were tons of people involved in the endeavor, but I didn't want to email the whole school, but this praise goes out to every single teacher at GMA! I just wanted to say thank you. Today was simply awesome! I was terrified at the idea of both of us working from home (somehow he got the office and I got the dining room) and having the children school remotely, and in the end, it was a great day. I only had the privilege of working on two of the grade's sites, but it worked so well! One of my daughter's worked independently and had no issues interacting with teachers and the younger one needed a little help, but was excited about today and got through all of her lessons with ease. I was able to work and parent and it could not have been done without this amazing school and all of your amazing teachers! I have always been happy with the choice we made 6 years ago to send the my children to GMA, and my experience with you over this last month of unprecedented changes is just one example of the many reasons why! Thank you for making this so easy on us parents! I look forward to the morning broadcast tomorrow and all of our new and exciting learning journeys over the next few weeks.