Mission & Belief Statements
We believe that:
- God is at the heart of who we are and all that we do.
- As a Mercy community, all are called to reverence the dignity of each person.
- Creating a spirit of hospitality is the hallmark of the legacy of Catherine McAuley, foundress of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Service is the fruit of hearts rooted in the mission of Jesus.
- Spiritual development is fostered within a faith community rich in prayer and liturgical experiences.
- A comprehensive and challenging curriculum nurtures the whole child – spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially.
- A learning environment abounding in a variety of experiences is responsive to the needs of all learners.
- Students reflect self-actualization and demonstrate learning in many ways.
- A safe and caring learning environment promotes self-esteem and facilitates success.
- A student-centered culture encourages self-motivation and inspires lifelong learning.
- Immersed in the Spirit of Mercy, students are empowered to assume leadership roles.
- An effective partnership with parents supports the education of their children and furthers the mission of the school.
Built on Mercy, rooted in Gospel values, and committed to excellence, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is a private, Catholic, co-educational school, for students in Pre-K through grade eight.
Empowered by an enriched educational experience and inspired by the vision of Catherine McAuley, students are called to service and leadership in the global community.