The information outlined below is under review and may not reflect the current policies of Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary. This content will be finalized by August 31, 2023.
The GMA school nurse may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 215-461-1025. To fax a form to the school nurse, please send to 215-646-7250.
In order to promote an optimal level of wellness, a nurse is on staff at all times during the school day. The nursing staff is able to dispense required medications, perform first aid and deal with student illness. The nursing staff at GMA works with the Wissahickon School District Certified School Nurse to ensure that all guidelines regarding youth health issues are implemented. The Wissahickon nurse maintains school health records and performs weight, height, vision and hearing screenings.
Students who have a temperature of 100.4° or greater should remain at home. The nurse will contact the parents/guardians of any student who arrives at school ill.
- Communicable Diseases and School Exclusion Criteria
- State-Mandated Immunizations
- State-Mandated Physical and Dental Exams
- State-Mandated Health Screenings
- Medical Care in School
- Absence Due to Illness
- Notify the School Nurse
- Guidelines for Administration of Medication in School
- Epi-Pen Opt Out
- Physical Education Exclusion
- Peanut/Nut Allergies
- Downloadable Forms
- COVID-19 Management and Resources
- Campus Visitor Guidelines