Each year, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy brings many new families into our school community as we fill our kindergarten classrooms with enthusiastic young learners. Our experienced, highly committed kindergarten teachers are assisted in the classroom by full-time kindergarten aides.
In order to implement the safest standards of social distancing in our kindergarten classrooms, space is extremely limited. To reserve your space in the Kindergarten application process please click here to submit an application.
What makes kindergarten at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy the best choice for your child?
- Each classroom is staffed with an experienced full-time teacher assisted by full-time aides.
- Our average class size is less than 16 students leading to individualized, child-centered instruction.
- STEM education, integrated into the curriculum, is an inquiry-based, interdisciplinary approach which brings science, technology, engineering and math concepts to life with meaningful, hands-on learning experiences.
- As the year progresses, parents see progress reports that include faith development, self-awareness, social development, word attack strategies, spelling rules, the writing process and math skills.
- Creative Movement instruction by our Physical Education Department created opportunities for small group instruction in small 5-6 member groups, following up and reinforcing classroom lessons.
- French and Spanish instruction by world language teachers begins in kindergarten.