Tuition for one child for the 2018-2019 school year is $13,440, a 2.5% increase over the previous year, which is consistent with increases over the last ten years.
Approx. % of Incentive
$ of Incentive
Total Tuition 2018-19
Tuition is fee inclusive and includes the following:
- Technology fee
- Text books
- Activity Fees
- Educational Materials
- Summer Math Materials
- Services in the McAuley Learning Center
- Initial School Stationery
- Standardized Testing
- Sacramental Program Fees
- Kindergarten and Eighth Grade Graduation Fees
- School Photograph and Class Photo per student
- Yearbook for each family
- Transportation and Admission Fees for a Class Field Trip (excluding 8th grade)
- Instructional Sports
The only exception are team sports fees which are paid by junior varsity and varsity athletes and 8th grade expenses associated with graduation and Washington and New York City field trips.
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy offers an installment payment plan as an alternative to the traditional lump payments. Utilizing the services of HES (highereducationservices.org), parents and guardians may elect to budget all or a portion of the tuition over 2 payments, 4 payments or 10 payments (July-April). The monthly payment may be paid by check, money order or pre-authorized debit from checking or savings account. For information on plan enrollment, please contact our Business Office at email@example.com.
GMA has an excellent before- and after-school extended day program available for students. Click here for more information on our CARES program.
Financial Aid Philosophy
The mission of Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary (GMA) is to provide an enriched educational experience, inspired by the vision of Catherine McAuley, through which students are called to service and leadership in the global community. Catherine McAuley’s vision includes a goal to provide access to quality education to children. This vision inspires all aspects of school life, including the financial aid application and allocation process.
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary recognizes that it takes significant resources to recruit the best faculty, keep class sizes small, have outstanding technology and beautiful facilities, and, most importantly, to enroll exceptional students. It is the goal of Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary to ensure that the school maintains a well-qualified student body from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. We seek to enroll students of strong academic potential and good character, with diverse talents, and varied interests. GMA has developed a strong financial aid program to support these goals.
Financial assistance is considered on an annual basis for families who demonstrate financial need, defined as the difference between a family's resources and the child's tuition expenses. Aid is limited by the funds available. Financial assistance must be reapplied for each year.
For more details, on how to apply and how much assistance families can receive, click here to go to our Financial Aid Process page.
Gwynedd-Mercy Academy is committed to academic excellence that integrates gospel values, innovative teaching methodology, and progressive instructional technology to create a nurturing and challenging child-centered environment. With the financial guidance from our dedicated Board of Trustees, it is our goal to keep tuition competitive as we greatly appreciate the sacrifices that our families make to provide their children a GMA education.
Terms and Conditions - In order for your registration or re-enrollment to be accepted by GMA, the following tuition and deposit terms and conditions must be followed.
- Registration Deposit - This deposit of $1000, due in February, is non-refundable and non-transferrable and will be credited toward the upcoming school year. Deposits received for students with unfulfilled financial obligations for the previous school year will be applied to outstanding tuition balances.
- Financial Policies
1. Enrollment is understood to be a full-year contract.
2. The non-refundable, non-transferable Advance Deposit will not be applied to any outstanding balances in the event a child does not return to GMA for the following school year.
3. Due dates are set by HES and cannot be altered. If a payment is received after the due date, corresponding late fees will apply. No exceptions.
4. The one payment option is due to either GMA or HES no later than July 15th. If payment is late, you will automatically be transferred to a 2 payment plan resulting in a late fee of $50 and an added enrollment fee of $60.
5. Each student's total budget will be the total amount due GMA less any credits, e.g. advance deposit, sibling incentive, financial aid.
6. When enrolling in an HES plan, the Parents' Organization Fee ($100 per family) will be included in your oldest child's budget; and if applicable, the fee for the 8th grade field trips to Washington D.C. and New York ($250 per student).
7. A $45 charge will be added to the student's account for checks returned to GMA for non-sufficient funds.
8. Parents who hold a position of leadership at GMA (including but not limited to Development Council, Parents' Organization Board, etc.) must remain current with their tuition. Failure to do so will result in termination of their position.
9. Athletic fees, where applicable, will be billed separate from tuition.
10. All accounts can be viewed and managed at
https://www.highereducationservices.org/Please review the Installment Payment
Plan brochure from HES for more information.