Why join the GMA Parents’ Organization?
The top reason to participate in the Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Parents' Org is to support our children! You can help make a difference through enrichment activities and community service opportunities as well as provide ‘welcoming’ hospitality to GMA families.
If If you are interested in volunteering for Parent’s Org, please submit your response by Friday, May 17th.
What is the GMA Parents' Organization?
The GMA Parents' Org works with the GMA Administration and Faculty in planning, organizing, implementing, and providing services/functions that align with our School's mission. The Parents’ Org provides students with enhanced experiences above and beyond their classroom education.
The Parents’ Org is funded by GMA families by an initial contribution in the beginning of the school year. To increase options offered to the students, the Parents’ Org also fundraises through Bingo Night, Trivia Night, Yankee Candle Sales, and Snack Stands.
Please contact Heather Hoover, President of the Parents’ Org with any questions.
Communications (Can be completed at home and during non-school hours)
- Facilitate and foster communications among all constituencies.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the Parents' Organization Blog located on the GMA website.
- Organize and produce the monthly newsletter.
Enrichment Programs (Planning can be completed at home and during non-school hours – Plan on attending scheduled events)
- Coordinate programs that enrich the school curriculum.
- Research and make recommendations for programs to the Board.
- Arrange for and implement approved programs.
Membership Programs (Planning can be completed at home and during non-school hours – Does require attendance at some in school events and social events at night)
- Extend hospitality to new parents as well as in support of school functions.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Admissions to provide opportunities that welcome families of incoming students into the school community, such as Open Houses.
- Liaise with Homeroom parents on school functions to provide consistent and unified communications to the school community.
- Serves as Board representative for school functions such as Host Family Project, New Parents' Liturgy and Reception, Kindergarten Orientation Reception and Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.
Social Programs (Requires attendance at some in school events and social events at night)
- Develop social interaction among parents, family, faculty and staff.
- Make recommendations for social events to the Board.
- Coordinate refreshments and set-up for school social events (see List below).
- Collaborate with school and parent volunteers to facilitate social events for school.
List of Social Events:
- Reconciliation (November) and Holy Communion (May) - coordinate with Third Grade Parents to support the post-event receptions
- Teacher dinners during Parent-Teacher Conferences (November and February)
- Great Day at Bethlehem (December)
- Trivia Night (January)
- Bingo Night (March)
- Grandparents/Special Friends Day
Sports/Facilities (Requires attendance at some in school events and social events at night)
- Plan homecoming and coordinate volunteer efforts for the day
- Coordinates Team Parents
- Serves as a Liaison to the Girls’ and Boys’ Athletic Directors
- Work with Athletic Directors to determine best use of funds available for Athletics
- Decorating GMA gym during the holidays and donating trees to families in need
Mercy Connections (Planning can be completed at home and during non-school Hours – Must plan on attending or having a representative attend scheduled events)
- Coordinate with Director of Religious Education to plan Community Service events at school and in our local community
- Plan for service events and offer opportunities to GMA students and their families to promote making mercy real.
List of Mercy Connection Events:
- Mercy Day Celebrations
- Spring House Estates visits
- Project HOME dinners
- Thanksgiving food collection
- Caroling at Spring House Estates
- Activities in support of St. Vincent Parish
- Funded $6,000 in scholarships for families in need
Current Parents’ Org Executive Committee and Directors
PRINCIPAL – Mrs. Anne Knapke
VICE PRINCIPAL – Mr. Fred Santoro
PRESIDENT – Mrs. Heather Hoover
TREASURER – Mrs. Kristin Sewards
SECRETARY – Mrs. Missy Duckwitz
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS – Mrs. Ann Martinelli
FACILITIES/SPORTS LIAISON – Mrs. Jeanine Naticchione
MEMBERSHIP – Mrs. Melissa Sumner
SOCIAL PROGRAMS – Mrs. Lisa Catalfano and Valerie Mele
COMMUNICATIONS – Mrs. Beth DeLuca
MERCY CONNECTIONS – Mrs. Melissa Kapur