Parent Volunteer Clearance and Training Requirements
There are many parent volunteer opportunities, some within the confines of the school day, others during school-sponsored activities after school or on weekends:
- Homeroom parent
- Library assistant
- GMA Parent Organization team members
- Facilitating service activities
ALL volunteers who have any possible contact with children, even if it is only once a year, must obtain the following clearances and training:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check – This clearance can be obtained immediately online by logging on and following the prompts to complete the requested information. There will be NO CHARGE to obtain this clearance. A copy should be submitted to GMA. It is required by the state of Pennsylvania that this clearance be renewed every 5 years.
- Pennsylvania State Child Abuse Clearance – This clearance can be obtained immediately online by logging on and following the prompts. There will be NO CHARGE to obtain this clearance. A copy should be submitted to GMA. It is required by the state of Pennsylvania that this clearance be renewed every 5 years.
- If you have not lived in Pennsylvania continuously for 10 years or more, you are also required to obtain a Federal Criminal History Fingerprint Clearance. The link with information on how to obtain this clearance is https://www.identogo.com. The required code for volunteers is 1KG6ZJ. A fee will be charged by the state for this service. A copy should be submitted to GMA.
- Those who have been continuous residents of Pennsylvania for 10 years or more must sign a Disclosure Statement required by the Child Protective Services Law, by clicking here. A signed copy of this statement must be submitted to the GMA Main Office.
Philadelphia Archdiocese Requirements
- Mandated Reporter Online Training – Information regarding this training and an online course, which takes approximately one hour to complete. Please print out your certificate upon completion and submit a copy to GMA (one-time only).
- Required Child Abuse Prevention Training – Volunteers must complete one of the two options below:
- Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary requires these clearances from all volunteers and school participants. No one will be permitted to volunteer at school or for a school-sponsored activity involving students without the required clearances and training. Please contact the Main Office at (215) 646-4916 or at MainOffice@gmaelem.org with any questions.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in this regard and trust you understand that it is in the interest of the safety and welfare of all Gwynedd-Mercy Academy Elementary children that these policies are in place.