Pumpkin Pageant 2020
GMA Today 1st Annual Pumpkin Pageant
Happy Halloween Parents, Guardians and GMA Students!
This year, to bring some holiday fun into the GMA Community, the Broadcast Team is sponsoring our First Annual Pumpkin Pageant!! Please see below for our Pageant Rules!
- Contest runs from 10/1 to 10/23. No late submissions will be accepted!
- You may paint or carve a real pumpkin. Please be as creative as your heart desires!
- Students must help with the creation of their pumpkin. Please note that all carved pumpkins must be done with the assistance of an adult!
- Do not write your name or initials on your pumpkin. This will help us to keep voting anonymous.
- All decorations or carvings must be school appropriate. Please try to avoid using words or slogans! We hope to see pumpkins transformed into fun Halloween characters, favorite characters from books and more!!
- Only one pumpkin can be entered per student!
- 2 photos must be submitted of each pumpkin entry.
- One photo must be of pumpkin alone and the other photo must have the student creator with the pumpkin! Please include the student’s name and homeroom in your email.
- Photos must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line of PUMPKIN PAGEANT! No print photos will be accepted.
- Submissions must be received by 3:00 PM on 10/23/20 to be included in our contest judging!
- Our Pumpkin Pageant will take place on Broadcast the week of Halloween! Each day we will feature photos of student submissions.
- Pageant Winners will be announced on 10/29.
- There will be one winner Pre-K (4) to 4th Grade and one winner 5th to 8th Grade.
- The winners' homerooms will receive a Free Dress Down Day.
- Pumpkins will be judged in 3 groups: Pre-K (4) to 4th Grade, 5th to 8th grade and Faculty/Staff.
- Contest Winners will be announced on the Broadcast on 10/30!
- Please contact Ms. Tierney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.