Adding the GMA Calendar Feed to Your Smart Phone
How to Use iCal Feed to Synchronize Calendar Systems
iCal feeds are a great way to display calendar information from our website in other software, such as Outlook, Google Calendar and Apple iCal. The basic procedure is to acquire the iCal feed URL from our website, then add it to the saved feeds on your device.
GMA has several different calendar feeds to serve various audiences. Most families will simply choose the Schoolwide Calendar or the Lunch Menu, but there are sports-specific calendar feeds for GMA Athletes. Follow these steps to get the feeds you want (and no, you can't take some events from a feed and not others).
- Click the gray button in on the School Calendar page to navigate to the feed(s) you want
- Select the gray RSS icon ( ) from the top right of the calendar
- Hover over the green ICAL icon ( ) for the feed you desire then click the feed option best matched to your calendar software. (If in doubt, choose "Standard iCal URL.)
- Paste the URL into your calendar software and the website events will start to display
- Repeat steps above for any additional calendar feeds you desire