Each year, Gwynedd-Mercy Academy brings many new families into our school community as we fill our kindergarten classrooms with enthusiastic young learners. Our experienced, highly committed kindergarten teachers are assisted in the classroom by full-time kindergarten aides. For additional information on our kindergarten program, please click here to be directed to our Grade Overview pages.
What makes kindergarten at Gwynedd-Mercy Academy the best choice for your child?
- Each classroom is staffed with an experienced full-time teacher and a full-time aide.
- Our average class size is less than 16 students.
- STEM education, integrated into the curriculum, is an inquiry-based, interdisciplinary approach which brings science, technology, engineering and math concepts to life with meaningful, hands-on learning experiences.
- As the year progresses, parents see progress reports that include faith development, self-awareness, social development, word attack strategies, spelling rules, the writing process and math skills.
- Three times a week our Physical Education or Dance Instructor take 5-6 students from each classroom for Creative Movement - this allows instruction in small 5-6 member groups, following up and reinforcing classroom lessons.
- Individual attention to each child's ability, potential and learning style.
- French and Spanish instruction by world language teachers begins in kindergarten.