A fully-staffed cafeteria and food service is available for use by students and staff through a contract with Aramark Food and Nutrition Services. Aramark provides debit lunch accounts with an individual PIN number for each student (to make online payments, check food purchases or activate low balance reminders, click here). Information on account payment processes are sent home at the onset of each school year. Hot lunches are served every day and beverages, snacks, salads and fruit may be purchased a la carte. An emphasis is placed on good nutrition and helping children make healthy eating choices. All students have the option of bringing their lunch from home or purchasing it at school. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
The practice of students borrowing money to purchase lunch or snacks is strongly discouraged. If a student forgets to bring lunch or lunch money, the child will be permitted to have a sandwich or a slice of pizza, which should be paid for on the following day. Allowing students to purchase everything offered could become a convenience which discourages students from taking responsibility for having their lunch money.
Monthly are available online listing the daily selections and prices. Children who bring lunch from home are expected to use reusable containers, cloth napkins and lunch boxes. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
Mid-morning snacks can be purchased from Aramark on a cash only basis. Questions regarding the lunch service in the GMA cafeteria may be addressed to Denise Atkinson at email@example.com.
Click here to print out the May Menu.
Tuesday - May 1, 2018
- Whole Grain Made to Order Sandwich Bar with Chicken Soup/Broccoli
- Whole Grain Turkey Cheeseburger or Whole Grain Meatball Parm/Zucchini
- Whole Grain Popcorn Chicken with Rice or Turkey Wrap/Mixed Vegetables
- Whole Grain Mustang Taco Bowl/Corn
- Whole Grain French Toast Sticks with Bacon/Yogurt Cup/Strawberry Fruit Smoothie $2.25
- Whole Grain Chicken Tenders or Whole Grain Veggie Wrap/Applesauce
- Whole Grain Grilled Ham and Cheese or Salisbury Steak/Mashed Potatoes
- Whole Grain Twin Taco Day or Whole Grain Cheeseburger/Campfire Beans/Whole Grain Churros!
- Noon Dismissal - no lunch served
- Ham, Egg and Cheese on a Bagel or Egg and Cheese on a Bagel/Tater Tots/Blueberry Fruit Smoothie
- Whole Grain General Tso's Chicken or Whole Grain Pizza Burger/Broccoli
- Whole Grain Turkey Burger or Cheese Quesadilla/Fajita Vegetables
- Egg Rolls with Rice or Whole Grain Made to Order Hoagie/Mixed Fruit
- Whole Grain Philly Cheese Steak or Whole Grain Chicken Patty/Baked French Fries