A fully-staffed cafeteria and food service is available for use by students and staff through a contract with Aramark Food and Nutrition Services. Aramark provides debit lunch accounts with an individual PIN number for each student (to make online payments, check food purchases or activate low balance reminders, click here). Information on account payment processes are sent home at the onset of each school year. Hot lunches are served every day and beverages, snacks, salads and fruit may be purchased a la carte. An emphasis is placed on good nutrition and helping children make healthy eating choices. All students have the option of bringing their lunch from home or purchasing it at school. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
The practice of students borrowing money to purchase lunch or snacks is strongly discouraged. If a student forgets to bring lunch or lunch money, the child will be permitted to have a sandwich or a slice of pizza, which should be paid for on the following day. Allowing students to purchase everything offered could become a convenience which discourages students from taking responsibility for having their lunch money.
Monthly are available online listing the daily selections and prices. Children who bring lunch from home are expected to use reusable containers, cloth napkins and lunch boxes. Lunch periods as well as recess periods are supervised by faculty and parent volunteers.
Mid-morning snacks can be purchased from Aramark on a cash only basis. Questions regarding the lunch service in the GMA cafeteria may be addressed to Denise Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to print out the February Menu.Click here to learn about setting up your child's prepayment account.
Thursday - February 1, 2018
- WG Vegetable Lomein or Chicken Patty/Green Beans
- Super Bowl Party - WG BBQ Chicken Bites or Cheeseburger/Baked Fries
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Wrap/Cinnamon Applesauce/Smoothie Day
- Lil' Italy Popcorn Chicken Bowl or WG Turkey Hot Dog/Side Salad
- Salisbury Steak or WG Chicken Patty Sandwich/Mashed Potatoes
- WG Cheese Pierogies or Chicken Nuggets/Orange Spinach Salad
- WG Pancakes with Bacon Slice/Cinnamon Applesauce/New Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Mardi Gras Party! Mustang Taco Bowl/Kernel Corn
- Meatless Meal Day - White Bean Chili with Rice or WG Grilled Cheese/Green Beans
- Cheese Ravioli with Red Sauce or WG Cheese burger/Strawberry Fruit Salad/Pink Pudding Parfaits