Become a Host Family for the 2018-2019 School Year!
BEFORE THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS:
- Call and introduce yourself to your new family and welcome them to GMA. You and your new family will receive the list of the pairings of host and new families.
- Arrange a time to make a personal connection with your new family during the summer months.
- Plan to meet them on book day. Remind them to bring an empty backpack for their child’s books. Introduce them to other GMA families.
DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR:
- Call them during the first few weeks of the school year to see how the family is adjusting to GMA.
- Call/email them to check in concerning upcoming events such as Back to School Night, Family Bingo, Grandparent Day, holiday/birthday parities and liturgies.
- Keep them informed of upcoming events, invite them to join you and your friends at school activities.
The goal for the Host family it to aid your new family in the transition to GMA, to act as a resource with questions that may arise and to be a friendly face in the crowd as they become members of the GMA school community. Thank you for your help and support.